03-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #1941
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
as expected, this was a worse version of Henderson vs Nate Diaz, only I thought Nick came out flat in the first couple of rounds. He seemed to hurt GSP in the 3rd round but did nothing to capitalize on it.

I do agree that GSP has lost the will to finish fights, yes, he is fighting the best of 170 but he's had opportunities to finish and hasnt. He had Jake Shields in all sorts of trouble after landing a head kick and stood back and let him recover. He destroyed Kos eye and still kept throwing that jab and kept it safe. Same thing w/ Diaz, he could have landed much better GnP but didnt cause he was scared of Nick's offense from his back. The only fight I saw that killer instinct was in the Condit fight but Condit was too tough but you could def see a difference in GSP, he was so aggressive.

Hendricks is an interesting match up for GSP, Johny has insane power but Condit was able to eat those shots and fire back and even rocked Johny a couple of times (what a fight that was). GSP has the best jab in all of mma and this could be trouble for Johny. Johny will have a punchers chance w/ the power he has but yea, I see that as a replay of the Kos fight
Appreciate 0