View Single Post
      08-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
gwhiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Convertible/M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
I didn't want to insult your intelligence by making the assumption that you are not giving the car full throttle. The PPK software is a mild factory tune that is only going to be evident near maximum throttle. This isn't like slapping a blower on a Ford Mustang V8 wherein the change is apparent at all times. Not to be an asshole but if you rarely go full throttle, why did you buy the tune in the first place?
I think that a lot of people, myself included, got the PPK1 for the drivability aspect of the tune, not for any significant power increase. Not sure about the N54 but my N55 had horrible throttle lag that I felt would only be improved with the tune. Since I bought my car new off the lot I didn't want to go with JB4 - it would also help with the lag but could potentially void my warranty if it was ever discovered.

For the people wanting to street/drag race the PPK is certainly not the right tune, but for the daily drivers that want a more predictable and enjoyable experience I think the PPK delivers, albeit very subtle as the OP is finding out.