08-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Been a follower of Apple's fortunes for well over 20 years and to be honest I can't see this being anywhere like the end for them. Steve Jobs certainly has been a driving force in the company, he's always pushed products that he believes the world need rather than what consumers tell them they want.

For me one of the major turning points in Apples history was when they appointed Johnathan Ive as head of design. Apple had always done things a bit differently if you look at products like the Apple Newton which bombed and the performa range of integrated desk top computers which were arguably the forerunner to the iMac, they were however still a beige box. Ive changed all this with his first product, the iMac. This was the first time I remember people not involved in media ie music, design etc buying Macs. Ive made apple products a desireable fashion accessory the inuitive OS etc had always been there it's just nobody was interested before.

Apple clearly have a great team of people and I don't see the resignation of Jobs really making a difference apart from temporary dropping the share price (grab some if you can, they will go up soon when the next gen ipad and iphone are released)
Agreed, Jonathan Ive certainly gave apple the cool effect. I would never of been bothered with having a particular laptop, but a few years ago when it was new laptop time it just had to be a mac pro.

All the best Stevie boy
Appreciate 0