12-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #289
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yet. The base car isn't even available yet, why would they release a higher performance model now? I'm sure they're not oblivious to how Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and just about everyone else rolls out models.

Further, STI is the in house tuning arm of Subie, similar to M for BMW. Just as you can get M products for non M cars, the things you listed are simply STI offering for the base car, not indicative of what an actual full on STI model of the BRZ will be, which I'm sure we're still a year or two from seeing.

I'd also assume that there won't be a faster version of the BRZ until the current STI is done, which has to be soon, as the Impreza it's based on has already been replaced and current rumors have the STI and WRX moving to a separate chassis.
This car is being produced by STi. The parts shown are what STi is changing on the car. Unlike M, STi does not change as much on the Impreza (% parts wise). Remember, Subaru plans to slot the BRZ just under the WRX. The WRX STi is still the halo car. The BRZ STi could have taken a run at it with more power.

The fact of the matter is; this is the car that STi is presenting on behalf of FHI. It's not a parts showcase. This is the concept car.