View Single Post
      11-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
SA320
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good things come in three..

Hi All,

In the last month I've managed to squeeze in a new exhaust, black kidneys and a lip spoiler. I love all three and they have really complimented different parts of the car.

First was the grills. I wanted the gloss black kidneys so ended up getting them from BMW as they are actually gloss instead of painted. They look much better in person.

Then was the exhaust. I wanted to get rid of the oval pipe and get twin pipes on just one side. I lurked around the forum seeing what everyone else had and I loved the BMW performance one but just could afford it. I saw a clip of a forum members exhaust (thanks Ish) and it looked and sounded exactly how I wanted. Turned out to be in my price range as well so got it booked in - MIJ exhausts in Birmingham. Great guys and gave loads of advice and options. I opted for the mid sport system as it's got a nice rumble without being too intrusive. Although it was a couple of hours drive, boy did I enjoy it on the way back!

A video:

Then came the lip spoiler. There were a few mixed answers on here about the size of the e93 convertible spoiler and a few people thought it was the same as the e92's but it's actually slightly longer. I got it from ebay off BC Moto (Taiwan). Quick delivery, spot on colour match and couldn't be happier. Highly recommended. Was easy to install, just cleaned the boot lid with the alcohol wipe supplied and then lined it all up and removed the adhesive tape. Job done. Great subtle mod.

Appreciate 0