View Single Post
      09-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #76
SteveF1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

After more than 1000 miles since switching to these tyres I have to say that I'm not as impressed as I expected I would be. Maybe I expected too much but I have to say the car felt a little more 'precise' and 'edgy' with the rfts despite the crashy ride. I've gone from 17" wheels with rfts to 19" wheels and the contis so I had low expectations when it came to the ride improving anyway and although it felt at first that this combo was better I'm starting to think its probably about the same, ie no improvement.

What I have noticed is overall grip. My rfts were in excellent condition, they had 7mm of tread on each corner and no inside wear yet the dsc light was on all the time, especially in the wet. With the contis I haven't seen the light on once, the grip is amazing. The balance doesn't seem as good as before as the front grips and the rear feels a little light to the point it feel nervous so I might need to tinker with the pressures a bit (running 39 rear and 37 front).

Overall I'd say I was a little disappointed with what was £780 of hard earned cash being spent on something that has actually been little improvement on what I had before, especially as the rfts were in good order.

Oh well I've lived and learned.
Appreciate 0