View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

I bought a golf R last autumn, I think VW call it manufactures support they gave me £2000 towards the deposit and a 3yr service pack for £149 the maximum deposit was 30% ,I guess they want you to borrow as much as possible and get the money back over the 36 months term.

The service pack is usually £329 , Check exactly what the conditions are I put it on finance and then used the 14 day VW right to withdraw and kept the 2k and the £180 saving on the service pack with no set up or end purchase costs .

I am 99% sure all manufactures do it to get you into there cars, It seams it is on top of any discounts you negotiate when buying , Get the lowest price then stick it on finance ,I think the key is to get it to cancel in the first 14 days using the right to withdraw, I think they have to right the manufactures contribution off.

The VW sales guy said please dont cancel in the first 90 days because the manufacturer penalises the dealer probs because they are cautious Dealers or salesmen use it as a tool to get extra sales .My Dealer really Pi$$ed me off so it gave me great pleasure to settle up early and hope he had his arse chewed freaking little weasel.

Check the terms and even call the finance company to check .

Weird I found my self looking at BMW finance deals have a look at the manufactures contribution on a E92 its like 6k ,I realise it is at the end of it cycle but BMW are obviously keen to get them gone , They even offer 5% towards all most everything on there books as a deposit contribution.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0