View Single Post
      05-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #26
Viperjp7
Fknfst (if you have to ask you don't need to know)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
Actually yes. I stopped by the shop and met with Bob Miller, the owner of AtSpeed Motorsports, this Thursday.

He is very interested in building up his clientele base, especially BMW and Porsche owners. I spoke to him about the possibility of a custom downpipe and custom exhausts. He is leaving for Leguna Seca next week to run his 997 GT3 CUP in the speed gt/rolex cup.....DROOOOOOOOOL. Once he returns they are going to call me and discuss options. Apparently Bob is a good frriend of Steve Dinan's (its Steve right?), so at first suggested Dinan parts, but I nixed that idea pretty quick. One of his shop tech's wants to pull my turbo's, replace the turbine's, fabricate carbon fiber downpipes and let her rip......I like that tech's thinking . However, without even asking I know that would be over the budget I want to allocate to exhaust mods and turbo changes are not on the menu until after the warranty period...too hard to return back to stock if something happens.

So, I will have another update next week. I have a feeling what will happen is a full custom exhaust that they can replicate at will, but no mass production. His concentration is on building one off race cars for his clients, maintenance, and aftermarket installation/fabrication, not parts production. Maybe that will change if I push the right buttons.

Once I work out the details for myself and see if I want to go this direction, I will report back. Perhaps someone else in the area would like to meet me there next time I meet w/ Bob and his employees??

OH YEAH, Bob showed up in his Ford GT w/ license plate reading "AtSpeed"...white with blue stripes. .
Let me know when and where and I'm down especially since I live in laurel and I think you said his shop is in laurel as well.
Appreciate 0