Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
there's more than one way to do things as well. like i said, i prefer to be spot on. in post, i generally bump fill just a touch (to 10, for an average image), boost the blacks a little bit, and use a touch of recovery if need be. it's extremely rare that i need to boost exposure or brightness.

*i will say that i usually overexpose skin just a touch, as it's a bit more flattering than underexposing or properly exposing, especially at f/9 or f/10 where every pore is in focus. overexposing a little bit helps to minimize that.
Well, the readers should realize that you're almost always controlling your light with supplemental light and I'm almost always shooting in the wild. Even on location you're usually adding light and, of course, in your studio most of the light is controlled. We're shooting two totally different scenarios, typically. If I were shooting in a studio, I'd almost always pick my 5D2 over my 7D. You just have several extra margins for producing detail and avoid noise.

BTW, love your work. That latest blond you put up is killer and I like all the poses on your site.

Dave