View Single Post
      02-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #319
michael1284
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Alright so I got my DP's installed today at Cobb. The install went well, there was some weird rattling that we could not figure out where it came from. We ended up leaving it, and after driving around on it since about 2PM, it seems like it's gone for the most part. I have no idea where it came from or what it was...

The most concerning thing to me was the dyno (mustang dyno). Honestly I don't know enough about dyno's to go off on tech speak, but we did a pre and post dyno. Let's just say the change from pre to post was not even +5 HP/TQ. I'm too lazy to get the actual chart out of my car since it was so worthless. I know for a fact that there should be more than 5HP/TQ difference for DP's, so I can only think that there's something to the way they are dynoing these cars. I was obviously hesistant anyways when I saw Wookie's dyno before I went in...and then pulled a 310/352 baseline (pre-install 15.4 PSI). I was like okay that's not bad. I think my post numbers were like 314/356 (15.1 PSI)? Or something like that...

For those that went to the dyno day, you know how we used the coil packs and had to hook it up that way to get actual #'s. Well the way they do it at Cobb is, the guy sits in the car and revs it up to a certain RPM and then "calibrates" it. Calculations are then used based off of RPM's to show your torque? I'm not too familiar, and Roger should probably be able to chime in since he talked to Calvin@Cobb more extensively. I think it's obvious there's something not quite right when I dyno 310 with FMIC/DP/Intake. He also did the pull in 3rd gear, and not 4th.

Cliffs - car's fast as a rocket, did my install pretty quick 1-1.5 hrs, but I don't really believe that they are dynoing BMW's correctly.

Anyone know a good place with a dynojet?

Last edited by michael1284; 02-12-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0