06-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Hawk pads are generally pretty noisy on the streets... Cool Carbon pads have the best formula to eliminate the noise during city driving, but giving you the best performance out of a pad on the track at the same time.
From my perspective not to be used for any kind of street driving unless you can handle the squealing.

I put them in for track in reality hoping that they would be ok for DD duty.

I'll switch them out for my OEMs after my next event for DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
i have the hp plus on my e30 and yeah they a bit noisy. But on the track they perform well in my experience and according to other friends who track a lot.
I've done 275Kms of street driving on the pads and they are now pretty much broken in. I've done a further 2 x 8 high speed stops and the initial bite is great with NO mush. I cant say that for my OEMs. So as far as a track pad goes I am sure they will be fine. Just a bummer that I cant use them for duel duty; track and daily driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4voodoo View Post
That's just wrong. Not all Hawk pads are noisy. You sound like you're trying to make a quick sale to be honest.
Hawk HPS are not noisy since they're made for street duty. HP Plus pads are indeed noisy, if you check Hawk's own website they do note that rotor wear, dust, and noise will be compromised for better friction.
Every brake pad is a compromise, you just need to pick one you're comfortable with.
Well, the web site is stretching it a little re: street for the HP Plus. I was just wondering what other have encountered. We'll see how they hold up and abuse my rotors this Tuesday. So far for street there is less dust - and thats about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
I've tested them on the track as well and they do pretty well from what I've experienced. But for some of the guys that run them on the street get annoyed from the noises they make... Regardless I'm not down putting the Hawk pads in anyway.

Personal experience has a lot to do with my comment. Every single car I have driven that had Hawk pads on, made tons of noise. Does every single car in the world with Hawk pads make noise? I'm sure they don't, but regardless it's just a matter of my opinion.

If I wanted a quick sale, I could have just contacted the OP personally bad mouthing Hawk saying their pads don't work, but instead I'm informing him that certain Hawk pads make noise, such as joonsup stated as well. If you have an issue with my post, I apologize, but this information should be known before purchase, it's unfair to the customer.
Yup. If you want a pad that performs like the OEM street pad and dont want noise (from my perspective), then the HP Plus, is not for you. It will be a moderately decent pad for the track. I will just likely go for Hawk HT10 instead since these will be for track duty only. Let's see how long the rotors put up with the brake compound.

If anyone else has any feedback, please feel free to add ...