05-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #36
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I have an older iDrive and as much as I love it, there could be a few things that could be improved.

A) Speed. I'm sure the HD based iDrive systems are faster.
B) Functionality. POI kinda sucks and again is slow. Data entry is a PITA.

Basically because of it's slowness I dislike it. Sometimes it's snappy but other times it is slow. I wish they made regional maps like they do on my mother's RR Sport. But the OEM look is hands down unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
For those of who who have iDrive on a newer model BMW (after the update of the system, I believe 2009 was the first MY with the newer version of iDrive)...are you happy with it or do you regret getting it? Wish you opted for a window mounted Garmin for a few hundred bucks instead?

I use a Garmin and love it. I also have Sirius Satellite Radio and love that. I like the idea of losing a suction cup on the windshield and the unclean look that a window mounted GPS offers. I would prefer to like the iDrive and the GPS/Nav system that BMW offers but don't feel like spending over 2K on a system that doesn't work as well as a Garmin.

I recognize iDrive offers more than just Nav, so I'm open to it and would like to hear perspectives from those of you who have the newer iDrive...thanks much all!
Appreciate 0