06-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #32
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazy69 View Post
First off just wanted to say thanks for the great post, nicely done! I'm a bit new to the scene and ventured on here because I was so saddened with the quality of the 2010 base system so I'm trying upgrade. I was wondering would a JL cleansweep work in place of the MS8? the MS8 is out of my budget. Also can point me to the post that has the speaker depths for the E92's?
Actually, the best way to do it is to decide what your budget is, and then see what fits. As I posted just now in another thread, the MS-8 does fill a few blocks on the diagram.

However, there are two things the MS-8 does where the CleanSweep only does one.

The factory signal in a base Stereo car or a Logic 7 car is processed - equalized, crossover filtered at times, etc.

The MS-8 and the CleanSweep both will "normalize" that signal back to flat. In a base Stereo car, we use it on the full-range front outputs of the head unit.

The CleanSweep has no adjustments, though - it gets you to flat - to a HiFi signal - and no farther. The MS-8 has some auto-tuning and some manual tuning (not a lot of manual) to let you get farther.

So the CleanSweep is a legit approach for a base Stereo car. With a Logic 7 car, there are other ways to get it to work hitting the market very soon if you don't want to get the MS-8. The big question is do you want old-school two-channel or multichannel?
Appreciate 0