04-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #39
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleJB328 View Post
Dead on. I completely understand the 2.0t has potential... but for paying 56k for a car that has lazy/loose steering, floaty suspension and a terrible exhaust note... no thank you. I easily could have afforded a 335- but with the amount I that I drive/reliability factors, I could not justify to deal with the hpfp failure. My last car (a VW touareg V8) was in the shop more than I got to drive it, basically. I actually has driven almost every Audi in the line up as loaners when my car would go in for various parts such as; driveshafts, bearings, a thermostat, climate control system replacements and so forth. I did like the Audi- but some of my friends had the 328 and 335. I fell in love with the smooth and linear feel of the 328. The 335 would be great for me as a second car with all of that power. Back to Audi- obviously the brand you choose is clearly for subjective reasoning, but coming from my mom's old Audis (A8, A6 and TT) to see the new product direction... it really left me unimpressed after driving my roommates/loaners. Sure, they look all fancy with LED's and swoopy body lines- but this also dates the car I feel. I mean, look at the q7! It is like a hippo that had some fun in mud and rolled around in LED lights. That and terrible reliability = . I don't have time for that.
Agreed. I would never pay that much for an a5. the A5 is atrocious.

In other news, my parents used to have a V8 touareg and it never had any problems until around 50k miles, and then it started having problems once a month. I'd love to get an S4. But i'd definitely get rid of it after 4 years.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0