ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
There is also some talk about this on e46fanatics.com and bimmerfest.com regarding the use of this valve to increase backpressure and low-end torque at low rpms.

Ryan indicated the quad exhaust systems will not come with the valve, though I think it would be trick to incorporate the Meisterschift valve on that setup.

One last post on Bimmerfest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Juan
Does any one know if there is any hp gains/sound on keeping the hydraulic valve from the right tip of the exhaust open? I've read the 330 exhausts are strraight pipes in the inside.
it's not hydraulic (liquid or hydro *pressure*) or even pneumatic (air *pressure*). it's vaccum actuated. the vacuum source is controlled (open or closed) by a solonoid which is in turn controlled by the ECU. the solonoid is located inside the trunk bust beneath the left rear tail light. in fact (on a sedan anyway) you will see a small seem in the sheet metal just below the tail light. the vacuum solonoid is just begind that seem. the relaxed position is open (simply sated as "normally open").

that said, the valve's only purpose is apparently to prevent interior exhaust resonance. to the best of my knowledge, the valve is only closed on decel and perhaps cruising. disconecting it will likely reduce your cruising speed fuel economy as well as increase interior resonance and NOT increase HP one bit.