View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #138
Bamaben
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 335i blk/blk/alum 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaben View Post
I'm new to bike ownership as i bought a week old 2012 ninja 650 and have ridden it for 1.5 weeks straight to work, etc. Not even a fast bike to those who have been riding a while, but fast to me being a new rider. Anyway, just got in the 335 after being on this bike a while and it feels sooooo slow. I mean i know the bike IS faster, but man, i cant believe how slow it makes my car feel. Can you riders relate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007
I hear ya man. Before I got the bimmer I had a G35, which I thought was decent, speed wise ,compared to what I had before (98 Honda Accord), but once I got more involved with the enthusaist scence, I knew my car wasn't fast at all compared to others. It only takes one race against a true tuner/enthusaist to put you in your place and that's what happened to me. ( damn Mustangs/ American muscle in general ) After that I said eff it... if I cant beat them in a car, I sure as hell will crush them on a bike lol...Its not a fair race by any means I know, but still. After that, I got my first bike an 04 GSX R 750 and man o man... Talking about being untouchable... I spent paychecks upon paychecks making that thing the beast it is today. I've had it over two years and I didn't think I would ever need another bike just the fact that I never fully opened that bike up... not even unto this day. But for some reason the whole speed urge kicked in especially when it came down to other people getting 1000 cc bikes. I was like well I guess its time for an upgrade... and an upgrade I did. I've recently purchased this bike, but man... Its a completely different beast. Introducing Sonic and his rival Shadow

Nice bikes!

Good to hear people have been riding a while. I was getting seriously spooked reading these horrific stories. I know anything can happen and you have to be willing to live with the risks. I've know people who've been killed on bikes and seriously hurt. But I know more who've been riding a long time without incident. I think if I take out as much risk that I can control with careful riding, no risk taking maneuvers, constant awareness and anticipation, then that's all I can do. I did take the MSF course prior to buying our bikes and I am so glad we did. I learned so much I would never have learned on my own. Please share your stories of how long you've been riding without incident to help us see that riding can still be somewhat safe and enjoyable. I need to hear it as a new rider

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

mods: blackout grill, finishing rods, badges, Blacklines.
Appreciate 0