View Single Post
      06-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
racermp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330i

Hello All,

600 miles so far and looks like they are now almost broken in.

forst 500 miles had a squirmy feel over hard cornering on the rear, it has now gone away.

the grip is actually pretty good. they are better than the kumho spt. those used to understeer too much. these hold well. but not for track.

braking traction is great. almost equizilant to the oe bridgestone rft. however i feel these are better for braking on rough roads. the bridgstones used to jump over bumps alot and were hard to make quick stops on bumpy roads.

the road noise is very very good. these tires are very smooth on the road.

i haven't driven them in very heavy rain, but they have good grip in medium rain.

seems like they have more acceleration traction than the pirellis in both wet and dry. and they brake loose more linear than the pirellis which used to snap loose.

the side walls are soft, so it does seem to roll on teh side walls when pushing them. but they are way better than the kumhos which rolled like there was no tomoorow.

the kumho was softer on bumps, the nankangs are a bit stiffer but very slightly. there reponse is alot better.

i'm hoping by 1k miles, they will be fully broken in and the handling will improve as it has been gradually.

for $400 for a set, well worth it. i thought they'd be worse than the kumhos, but they turn out to be better. they are not michelins, but nor is the price at 1/3.

i'm very happy with the braking traction. that was my biggest concern, and even though i don't have actual numbers to prove, they seem to grip very well.
Appreciate 0