Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.F1 Fan View Post
As many of you know, I work from home quite often. My office sits on the front right hand side of my house allowing me a clear view directly up the intersecting street. Earlier this year four or five different times, I looked up as I heard the bark of an exhaust only to see the tail end of a black Exige as it scuttled away rapidly. Now my street can be use as a short cut of sorts for those in the know, so I figured it was a local avoiding the light at Great Falls and West Streets. Finally a month or two ago I had the good fortune to be outside when this car happened to emerge from two doors down from mine. As it turns out my neighbor has a little bat cave that hides his little Lotus away on most days, but occasionally it get to run. Garage opens and out he rolls. garage opens and in he rolls. Unless you see it in motion, you'll never know where it came from.

We have talked a number of times since and he promises that we will switch cars when mine arrives and go for an early Sunday drive. I'll let you know when I have something to report on that front. I'd imagine it will be tons of fun to throw around.

Oh, by the way, you can rent an Elise for the day down in Ballston for $300. Not cheap,but not outrageous either. I'm gonna do it sometime soon for kicks. When I have a full day off and nothing at all to do except drive, that might be a blast! Don't have the number handy, but I bank near there and can get the number if someone needs it. Seems like a nice birthday gift from your wife or girlfriend!

-F1

If you live near Great Falls and West streets, you're only a couple of miles from me, so maybe I'll come by to check out that Exige with you sometime.