05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Snetterton Bike Track Day - BMW S1000RR Sport

Took the BMW to Snetterton on Monday with No Limits - first track day since passing my ACU Race Licence up at Cadwell - have to say it was a much warmer day but still a little chilly in the morning sessions with a slightly wet and greasy track - the wind soon dried it up but they were drifting on the circuit the day before so it was slippery as hell around the new 300 infield sections before it completely dried out and nearly tucked the front end a few times under heavy breaking - had brand new tyres fitted and by lunch time i had completely mullered the K3 rear with bad cold tearing on the right hand shoulder - im putting it down to the traction control kicking in whilst i was cranked over going through the bomb hole and the awesome right hander that goes on forever (love it!!!) - overall the day was good and the bike was as awesome as ever BUT i did have an issue under heavy breaking down the back straight banging down the gears for the left hander, i was hitting around 175mph and getting up into 6th most times but as i came down the box the bike completely cut out a few times which left me free wheeling into that left hander at around 100mph!!! Ive got the bike booked in with BMW at the weekend as something isn't right so will hopefully get that sorted under warranty before the next track day.
It was great to see my old mate Carlos Fandango who took the day off to come and see me - much appreciated Carl and good to see you as always - bad hair or no bad hair (check the pic out!!) and thanks for the quick videos you took of me blatting up the start/finish straight - again check video below out (blink and you miss me!!)
Also good to meet James (safety james) who is the Ops Manager at Snetterton - see you on the next one fella!

Attached Images