snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Hi tailormade, welcome to the forum!

If you purchase professional navigation you will get the idrive system with the screen and extra hump on the dash. If you don't buy prof navigation you won't get idrive.

The main benefit I find is its all integrated into the car - no wires etc giving the cabin a nice clean and tidy look. The navi is fairly good but has its limitations compared to Tom Tom. The biggest benefit I've had is the live traffic updates which have saved me sitting in traffic on many ocassions! I also like the fact that you can change lots of settings in the car with idrive while if you don't have idrive you need the dealer to change certain settings for you.

I hope this helps...
+1

With pro sat nav you get the i-drive which is the centre control knob that allows you to navigate(control the different options on) the pro sat nav. With the i-drive you then also have the option of controlling other functions on the pro sat nav screen like the hi-fi system, climate control etc.

The real difference is the look of the dashboard. I think the sat nav screen makes the dash look fantastic. It changes the whole look of the interior of the car. The sat nav is quite good but there are other sat navs that are a lot more intuitive and allow you to do so much more, like the pioneer AVIC HD-1BT.

Benefit of the pro sat nav are as above. The i-drive is a great gadget for controlling all the electronic equipment, and makes the whole car a lot more ergonomic.
Appreciate 0