10-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
AllEyesOnMe
TeQuiero
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMondragon View Post
You don't need a lawyer for small claims court. It'll end up costing you more for a good lawyer in the long run.

However, if you work at a law firm (like me - Top 10 in the US, Top 25 worldwide), then you know your way around things or can easily ask for advice on certain things. However, filing for small claims is not one of them.

Thanks Steve!

Insane: I had another witness (my friend) who dropped me off to pick up my car at the tow station and he was with me all the way from start to end-- heard every single conversation we had.

Also, when this happened, I called the sheriffs to ask for that particular sheriff who was there to witness the towing, but they said "hes out on duty right now". I asked then when can I see him? Sheriffs said I can't, and just hung up on me. I'm pretty sure the convo was recorded at the station. He told me there's NOTHING the sheriffs can do, and I'd have to settle this in civil court.

That was when I felt completely lost... No help EVEN FROM THE LAW ENFORCEMENT. Completely helpless and being 19 years old and not familiar with the laws... What could I do?