02-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #114
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Hey, these look like some great numbers, and it's refreshing to finally see some positive, or, at least, hopeful, comments regarding the XI setup. I specifically got the AWD 335i because of the possibility of getting massive low end acceleration with the AWD grip. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.

One question: Could the boost be modified to get the stock 335i torque at the same rpm? As in, the stock wheel torque is somewhere around 270 ft lbs at 2k rpm. Could this setup be modified to allow the customer to reach the 270 ft lbs at the same rpm? I definitely don't care about reaching max torque at that rpm, but it would be nice to at least reach the car's stock torque at that rpm!
In the dyno testing that I conducted a few days ago, I started the WOT run at ~2700rpm. Not the usual 1500-2000rpm. As a result the turbo spools up later than it does on the road. Dyno tested "properly", you'd see approx 5psi of boost at 2500rpm with full boost/peak torque by ~3800rpm. I didn't start at a low RPM since we need to write some code that keeps the DME happy from not achieving it's stock boost target at low RPM. But to answer your question, the car should make ~250-270lbft at 2500rpm. But we will never be able to touch the factory turbo's performance at lower engine speeds.

Shiv
Appreciate 0