View Single Post
      03-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #16
hiropowers
Rep
Drives: E90 M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
I don't think I'm going to bother, sounds like far too much hassle!
Lasted 2 weeks with the 320 e90, reminded me of my high school girlfriend - looked and felt brilliant but just not enough under the hood hahaha! I decided a Bayliner would be a good toy for a while - lovin the Broadwater and Morton Bay!! (hating the BA wagon I got to tow it) Although my wife now loves her new BMW - we already remember it as the car I brought her lol

Stock halogen lightbulb went tonight so I checked out how to best get at it... I found there was no need to get the wheel off and use that inner wheel arch window. But to get my head in there and see wt heck was going on I had to remove the coolant overflow and had someone help by holding it up out the way. Just enough room for a head and torch!

For feeling your way around in the dark --> The outer plastic cover clicks out from the top and back (hinging from the bottom). Then the inner metal clip that holds the bulb in place clicks out by pushing the top out towards the drivers side (hinging from the bottom also). I needed to use a long flat screwdriver to click it out. Easy replacement and then reverse to get it back - I found that I could get the metal bulb clip back in by hand, pushing it hard out towards the drivers side and allow it to slip back into it's hook home.

PS. Still love to throw the M Sport around - flogged it's guts out going up to Springbrook last weekend

M Sport
Appreciate 0