03-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #28
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremeboofer View Post
Nice looking BMW Yotaismygame

I have had the Solowerks on for about 30K miles and I'm thinking it's about time for something new. This was my first foray into coilovers and lowering my e90. Back then I sat em low, top of the tire inline with the fender lip, and the ride was bouncier than a stock setup. But I had fun and the description of OEM sport stock plus seems apt.

These days the ride is really floaty and it seems loose at high speeds (170K miles). Sometimes I get knocks when the steering wheel is at full lock. Though, I won't know for sure if its just the shocks causing me issues, or the rest of the suspension setup; the other suspension components looked okay when I installed the Solowerks a while ago. I predict my issues are multiple parts, but I intend to get it on some jacks to verify.

Anyone got an idea on how Solowerks compare to some of the more well known brands? In case I decide to replace..

Interesting. Bouncy is not the word I would use to describe them at all. Bouncy too me is ebay coilovers on a 92 honda civic. Being part of the KW family I doubt they would be similar to the KW V1's. My guess is they are less harsh. Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0