e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prez34 View Post
Mine went a few months back @ 90km....I ended up having a long debate with a dealership and BMW Canada which ended with me keeping a $640 bill even though the car was under CPO warranty. The invoice should be close to $300 when a few members compared invoices

Coles notes:
- Car overheated and went to limp mode
- Towed to Dealership
- Dealership advised that they cannot look at car because I do not have an appointment and will fit in when possible (didn’t know I can predict when car will breakdown to schedule a future appointment – guess I wasn’t given the BMW crystal ball during the delivery process)
- Issue was diagnosed 4.5 days later as water pump failure
- Car fixed and CPO invoice for the work was $640. Paid and left.
- Few weeks later saw a post of another member in the Canada thread with Car overheating issue. His car was repaired under CPA and his invoice was under $300
- PM’d him for details of invoice, he was charged for thermostat, minimal labor, and CPO deductible
- I was charged labor for the entire job, so it looked like only the water pump part was covered by CPO at the dealership I went to
- I had many calls, emails and escalations to dealership and was told it was properly charged out.
- Escalated to BMW Canada and was told they do not control how CPO work is charged out. Each dealership can charge varying rates for identical work
- Out of frustration, I e-mailed multiple GTA dealerships inquiring how a water pump/thermostat job would be invoiced under CPO warranty….the dealers that responded came back with the lower cost of $300. Where labor and water pump part costs were covered by CPO.
- Shared this info with BMW Canada, but was told they can do nothing and they will not help any further

Lesson learned here….”if possible” ask multiple dealerships how CPO will be invoiced and you can save $

IDEA - Start a thread on the site to compare costs of similar work between members. Then we can track “honest” dealerships / shops.
edmonton bmw covered my warranty pump I have extended warranty through SAL protection, I just had to pay my $50 deductible