View Single Post
      06-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #23
msinfo_us
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335Xi ZSP, ZCW, PDC

update: Started car this morning with very little ticking noise (without opening the hood I could not even hear it while yesterday could not miss it sitting inside the car). Noise complitely disappeared after less than a minute of driving the car. I even drove it to the next train station to be sure -- noise is gone (nock on wood). Could not wait until end of day to pick up my car from the train station and to check if noise will be there or not after 8 hours. Even cold there was no noise. During my trip back home did not hear it once. Could it be just regular breaking in process? I really hope so. I am going on a business trip tomorrow 250 miles each way. So, I'll be listening for ticking sound all the way. I'll post an update after the trip. Thank you for your advice and help. I really appreciate it.

PS I really hope it was just breaking in and nothing serios. But it is still sucks because I can't help it but still worry that ticking noise might reappear any day and I don't even have a clue if there is any long term harm to the engine. I own the car and was planing to keep it for 7-9 years.
Appreciate 0