View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #33
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I agree we don't have the right to say what America should do. Clean your own back yard and all that. However, sometimes it makes sense to sit up and listen to what the rest of the civilised world is saying. All I'm saying listen to the voices that don't have a vested interest in the law. Guns are a HUGE industry in America.

As for guns being readily available in the UK. Some of you lot must live in some right shit holes or be right dodgy bastards. I live in what is regarded one of the more gruesome cities not only in the UK but Europe and guns are rare here, we generally prefer to stab each other.

I've never even heard a gunshot, met anyone that's been shot and have only ever seen one gun that a rather dodgy character I used to know brought over from Germany. Even then he only had 6 rounds for the gun and when they were done he'd be fucked for getting anymore. This is despite, I'm ashamed to admit. Having a slightly dodgy distant past myself and being good friends with several people not currently but previously in Her Majesties custody.

Contrast this to the 7 year old boy from that school that was interviewed on the news at the weekend. At the tender age of 7 he was able to distinguish the gunshots at this incident from the other gunshots that he knows saying "I heard gunshots that didn't sound like our Police gunshots or our Army gunshots or our Ammo control gunshots". Not right that a kid of that age can do that.
Appreciate 0