10-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #36
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post
Any particular wax you recommend that works well with the Zaino system?
Whatever you want to use should be fine. Keep in mind that any wax will just sit on top of the surface of the sealant (like it would sit on the paint) as wax doesn't "bond." No wax will "sit better" than another over your layers of sealant.
My personal recommendation is to use something easy to use. Why fight with wax when you've already worked hard to prep the car? The additional benefit of using an easy to use product is that you'll be more likely to use it often which equates to less of a chance to not have wax protection.

What kind of wax I use on a car often has to do more with the color of the car more than anything. Low carnauba % waxes look best on warmer colors (I LOVE Souveran on my red S2000) while I think colors like black look best with higher 'nuba content waxes (seem to be more optically clear and therefor seem to play better with the reflective nature of those colors). Nearly all waxes I've used I've enjoyed; Pinnacle Souveran, Wet Obsession, Dodo Juice Supernatural / Blue Velvet / Purple Haze / Rainforest Rub / Orange Crush / White Diamond, Rubbish Boy's Original Edition, Lusso Oro, Zymol Atlantique, etc.
Easier to use waxes: Souveran, Wet Obsession, Dodo Juice "soft" waxes
High Carauba content waxes; Dodo Juice's line, Zymol's estate "glazes", Lusso Oro, Rubbish Boy's Original Edition

There are many good waxes I haven't listed. Whatever you use that works well for you is fine. Where you order from will affect selection, and all major online suppliers have a very good selection.

Please also keep in mind that wax doesn't have the durability that layered sealant does - especially if you have a dark colored car. For best acidic etching protection, reapply every other month.
Hope my $.02's helps and happy detailing.
Appreciate 0