View Single Post
      02-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #117
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
When did I say anything about BMW? And the GT-R drivetrain can't even handle what it has to offer in stock form especially when compared to things that GM has put out like the C6, C6 Zo6 and ZR-1 that can take launch after launch after launch and yes with slicks and that much power it is very hard on the rear end but they can still take it. Hell 10.85 second pass in a stock Zo6... psh.

and just because it wasn't built that way out of the factory doesn't mean that it can't make reliable power with forced induction...

Here is a list of the motors that came from the factory N/A and have no problems handling 400+ WHP without a problem. Hell some even up to 600+ WHP without serious build and I bet more.

-LSX (any)
-LT1 (z28)
-LT4 (C4 Corvette)
-302ci 5.0L (Fox body mustang)
-281ci 4.6L (Edge gen mustang
-F13 (s2000)
-K20/K24 (RSX Type S, TSX)
-Any of the new Hemi motors or the 6.1L SRT-8s
-2JZ-GE (is300, NA Supra MKIV etc)
-KA (240sx)
-SR20DE

and I could go on... none of these motors were "built that way from the factory" and still can handle gobs of power without a major build, or even on stock internals... yes not just the V8's the 4 bangers especially.

You may not have had problems, maybe you got lucky. I can assure you there were enough to go around in terms of tranny problems as well as motor problems even in stock form. Google G35/350z oil consumption issue.
I can't help but find alot of wrong statements in this post.
Comparing AWD drivetrain to RWD drivetrain in terms of launch? not a fair comparison.

And some of the N/A engines you listed,,
Sure larger displacement engines can yield lots of hp due to decreased hp/L compared to smaller displacement engines. s2000 motor does not hold 600whp in stock form. Even a evo motor is considered 450-500whp in its max output in stock configuration. Sure you could get more out of them, but its like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. No engine you mentioned go as near as stock 2jz-GTE in horsepower to liter ratio.