View Single Post
      02-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
bren335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
The car making more boost is not what matters though for understanding flow. What the higher WG DC does tell us is that the turbos needed to spin faster on the stock intake to produce almost the same boost. That is by definition a restriction. That does indeed verify that the stock intake is not free flowing enough for higher boost levels. This is undenyable proof in my opinion and verifies other testing I have done and posted.

If you want your turbos spinning faster, all else equal on about 15 psi, then you should keep the stock intake. Just understand that this is a fact.
I understand it is a restriction, but not a LARGE one by that data. This is nothing new in any turbo community.

1-3% duty cycle is NOT a significant change due to flow. 10% could be, 20% could be. Especially since it was making more then peak boost of the other pulls. It is not hurting the turbos to make 1-3% to justify the same boost. Cars do far more at high altitude to reach peak boost.

If the car was indeed making 15.94 like the other pulls, instead of 16.2 it would probably have LESS increase in duty cycle 1-3% peak.
Appreciate 0