View Single Post
      06-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #94
shel335d
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

My 335d is choking!!!

Hello I am new to the forum. I have had a 2009 335d for a couple of years. It has around 80,000km on the odometer. We bought the car down in California.

Right now the SES light is on and it is idling very poorly. The SES has been intermittent for a while. Sometimes it idles OK, most of the time it does not. On a cold start it feels like it is going to stall out. It is slow to get revved up when you press the gas pedal. Once it is up to speed everything feels pretty good with good power. The low idle is the main problem. The car does run better as it warms up but you can still feel it missing at a traffic light. One thing to note is that we recently had the exhaust injection valve changed out.

I am wanting to get it into the dealer here in Calgary but the wait time is almost a month. Does this sound like it might be the same problem on this thread and can anyone suggest what steps I can recommend to a mechanic to check first? This car is just out of warranty (of course) and I want it fixed in the quickest order possible.

Thanks in advance for any help guys...
Appreciate 0