01-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #12
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekla View Post
Is this the "extensive" review you are referring to? I searched but maybe not good enough?!?!?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36024

The idea is to do all 3 Dinan parts, intake, TB and exhaust. On paper the gains should be 255 -> 270 HP (+15 HP or 6%) and 220 ft/lb -> 243 ft/lb (+23 or 10%). I assume the Dinan Engineering department is there to improve our cars, not to have a name and collect money on parts that are not doing what they suppose to do. That would ruin their reputation, right?

I listend to the soundclips of the BMW Performance exhaust, that growl might be a little to much for my taste... But I can def see people going for that...

Here is the Dinan:

I got your PM. The links you provided ae actually of my car. The difference with Dinan Parts is not really noticable. I feel a little stronger in the midrange but it may just be in my head. I got the Dinan because to me it sounds better than any exhaust. I actually went with the Bimmian/Simota CF intake as that paired with the Dinan exhaust sounds perfect to me. My Dinan fit was perfect. The muffler is not as SHINY and SHOWY Chrome like others like but that did not matter to me. I love the sound of it, which is the most important factor to me. You dont even see all of the shiny parts once the exhaust is installed anyways. A lot of people on this forum hate Dinan yet the have no experience with the products. Listen to exhaust clips and buy the one that sounds best to you and dont waoor about what others say. Everyone who has heard my car loves the way it sounds and its loud but not annoying when you push it hard yet when driving normally its not a lot louder than stock. IMO you cant go wrong with any of the major exhausts for the car.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0