QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Some of the BEST sounding stuff ive heard has been techno. Dont normally listen to it but when played i was like wow this sounds cool as hell!
Yes some of the techno sounds great some doesn't, Its hit or miss with all types of music. ( dont get me wrong were fine tuning and making progress )
With the MS8 one song will sound perfect and then next mono-ish and its usually 50% not sounding correct and 50% sounding correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
With L7 off you will still get a center image (with center off) when time aligned for driver seat.
Wow with L7 off sounds worse than on ( I think its growing on me ), I will admit with ROCK it sounds pretty dead on really good w/L7 on and set for drivers position.
Just not so much with techno / electronic, When it was on FRONT for seating position it appeared to improve for when playing techno.

My other car has what I would call basic or traditional old school setup which to me reproduces all music equally as good .
Yes it may not have the greatest stage but I can throw rock, rap, techno etc all at it crisp highs, nice mids and deep solid bass.

Similar to how it sounded on the stock BMW setup ( just mean the well rounded-ness not SQ, thats improved 10x over ),
the same across the board all types of music whether being played from radio / MP3 / iPhone etc.
Quote:
System in other car :
  • Alpine 4v headunit
  • Kicker 5 channel amp ( 75x5 / 300x1 )
  • CDT 6.5 Components
  • CDT 6.5 Coax ( rear )
  • Kicker Solo Baric 10" circa 1998
Just trying to raise the bar compared to my old system, Volumes not the issue its plenty loud w/MS8 esp now that I added the 500/3.

More and more tinkering is needed, Learning alot here and welcome all the help. Without it I would of probably given up a while ago, Maybe once I have a sub it will sound diff
as well since im missing that range of low end fill. The mids are hitting nicely just doesnt sound balanced and is muddy-hollow at times

Hopefully I get the SUB+R4 fronts installed shortly, Overall im happy its progressing.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 09-24-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0