BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
My point is - there is no data showing the opposite. Every test done so far - C&D, Lap times, the comparo by MT all showed faster lap times and straight line performance with the XI. At lest those tests actually show real numbers and not presumptions.
Right, there is no definitive data going either way. I was merely rebutting those who claimed I was being ridiculous for preferring the handling of the i to the xi and attempted to refute my subjective experiences with unverifiable and non-transparent lap times. I have never claimed one to be faster around a track than another, because I use my car on the street, so it is irrelevant to me. I am more concerned with steering feel and handling in day to day situations. There is much more to good handling from the consumer's point of view than the ability to get around a track quickly. I will gladly give up .2 sec to 60 or unquantifiable increases in aggregate cornering speed to drive the car that IMO offers a favorable driving experience 3/4 of the year, and is far from unlivable for the 1/4 of it many of us call winter.
Appreciate 0