View Single Post
      03-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
Hej
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Black Sapphire 330i e90

Baron BMW in Kansas City

Got my '06 330i there a few weeks ago. Despite the fact that they're the only BMW dealership within an hours or so drive, they still worked to earn my business. Even though I've been tire kicking periodically for over a year, and generally didn't give off the aura of "guy with money" or even "serious buyer", the sales rep I dealt with never acted impatient with me as if I was wasting his time. His attitude was always "whatever you want to do".

When I finally decided to bite the bullet and get the car I had my eye on, it was brought to my attention by the financing lady that, due to some bullshit with Sprint and possibly also with an apartment complex I lived in many years ago, my credit score was about 100 points lower than expected on two out of the three credit bureaus. While she was processing my apps and trying to find a lender for the car, she warned me that I was looking at between 8.5% and 9% for the loan. However, major props to her, because she went the extra mile and shopped around some more, and eventually found a lender who was willing to use the 3rd credit bureau which (for some reason) still listed me as having top of the line credit. In the end, I got 7.3% on my loan, which is a tad lower than the standard rate they offer with their used cars.

Another thing that suprised me, was that since we found the BS on my credit report, since I wanted an opportunity to try to get better financing through a credit bureau (which I didn't), they basically let me take the car on loan without paying for it. After I initially dealt with the financing lady, my sales rep and another lady there sat me down and went over the cars controls & features and what not, and the lady even took care of programming the cars bluetooth to work with my phone. Ultimately, I finally left the dealership about an hour and a half after they closed, and continued to drive the car I didn't technically own for 4 days before coming back to finalize the loan.

After I had already taken delivery of the car (i.e. signed the financing paperwork), I discovered that there was what sounded like loose change sliding around inside the center console housing every time I got on the gas or brakes hard enough. I went back and mentioned this to them, knowing that this is not something that would be considered a "warrantee" repair. And even though that is the case, and I already had taken the car, they still agreed to take care of it at no charge with no arm twisting at all. I know that a big part of this is because they want to recieve top marks on the phone survey I'm expected to get about my experience with them, but there are plenty of other dealerships out there with alot more local competition that wouldn't really be that worried about it.

Keep in mind that the dealership as a whole probably only made about $600~$700 on the transaction (and figure the sales reps cut was probably $200 absolute tops). Yet at no point did anybody dismiss me as some idiot that they didn't need to show any respect to. Not to mention that there were three people there that all stayed there about 2 hours after closing to take care of me. I am mostly impressed just because it's so rare to find businesses that seem to take customer service as seriously as they do. We'll see if any of this changes in the future, after I've already given my telephone survey. But for now I'd definately recommend them to people I know. If anybody is interested in getting a car there, let me know as I'd be happy to refer you to the sales advisor that helped me.
Appreciate 0