View Single Post
      07-05-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
apespud001
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
Those wheelbase MV3 alloys will only be copies (8J all round, unlike originals which have wider 8.5J rears - originals will look much better), and the tyres will probably be very (too) cheap and not RFT.

What are your current alloys? Do you want to keep them? What size are they (and what tyres do they take)?

Do you want to stay with RFTs or not? Have a search on here.

On a 320d, if you stay with your current alloys I'd be ditching the RFTs and getting some Falken 452 (falkentyres.co.uk are usually cheapest, as they are sent direct). Technically they are a "budget" tyre, but I had them on my last 330d (E46) and I thought they were excellent (as good as my previous Goodyear Eagle F1s).

I worked out I could put Falkens allround on my MV3s for around £360+fitting. If you can get Contis for this then I assume you have smaller alloys than MV3s at the moment? Are you sure you're being quoted for RFTs?

If you want MV3 and haven't got them, there are some original MV3s in the classifieds....

thanks for the reply,

I currently have 16" wheels and quite fancy getting larger ones to improve the look of my car.

the tyre size is 205/55/r16 which is smaller than the tyres that come with alloys (does this make any difference?)

the continentals for approx £350.00 ish are the exact run flat replacement of the ones that came with the car new.

i am not bothered regarding having run flat or otherwise but based on the falkens you suggested i would rather just replace the exact same continentals

i am aware that the tyres that come with the alloys on ebay are probably crap and that is my main concern

cheers
Appreciate 0