View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

To add to double_J statement which are all sold.

Most real estate deals are the worst negotiated deals around, why because it is not you and the seller negotiating directly. You have two people acting on your behalf who is only interested in the deal closing and getting their commission. So your agent has no interest in you getting the house at the lowest cost since you cutting his commission and the same goes for the other agent. However, if they think the deal will fall through after they spent a lot of time, they may attempt to get you to agree to things you would not otherwise do.

Never ever tell the agent how much you can afford or willing to afford they will run you up to this limit and tell the other agent not directly, but will indicate what you can afford. Go get pre-approved on your own. Do not use the real estate loan approval services and the such. Work with a bank not a mortgage broker if you can. Once approved then go find yourself an agent, they will tell you they need to know what you can afford before they will take you out to look at houses, it is bullshit, you tell them what you want to spend, and if they have any doubt have them call the bank and the bank should only confirm you are covered for that amount never say what you are approved for. The Real Estate agent may want to see your assets, again none of their business.

Also, do not sign any agreements with Real Estate Agents, they will try to get you to sign a buyers agent agreement, which they claim is to protect you. Most times it actually prevents you from dropping them as your agent. Any agent worth their commission will not make you sign something like this.

If you can afford it put 20% down, verse paying the stupid PMI it is not worth it especially if you plan to stay in your place for some time.

I have moved a number of times and bought a number of homes over the years and I can tell you I have had my run ins with bad agents on both sides. I taught a few agents a few things about how to get the best deal.

The best thing you can do is educate yourself, most agents have no clue about houses and what makes a good house verse a bad one. Also if you plan to buy in a particular location check the town out, go talk to the building inspector and the neighbors in the area to learn about some of the bullshit that going on in some towns which make owning a house a huge liability.

Good luck on your search.

Last edited by Maestro; 07-16-2012 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 0