View Single Post
      08-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

hey, i had a 2008 e92 335i previously and currently drive the 2011 lci e92. There is a drastic difference between my previous car and the new one as far as how the car absorbs bumps, potholes etc. I kept thinking it was the wheels at first because I had 19s on my 2008 but this suspension with 18s and runflats is smoother/softer than my winter 18s with non-runflats.

Nway, I assumed the 335is had the bmw performance suspension with the yellow shocks/springs etc. If its the same as my 2011s regular 335 coupe then yes, they did change the dampers/calibration etc to sachs.

edmunds -
"One more subtle change to be seen first in this 2011 BMW 335i is the use of Sachs dampers at all corners. The objective is a more linear cycle of compression and rebound across the low-speed bumps in town, as well as over the high-speed bumps of the highway. The system of coil spring and piston within the dampers has given way to a stack of thin washerlike discs that produce more progressive fluid flow and less vibration over everyday pavement imperfections. (GM has used this technology in the U.S. for years.) We can attest that we felt the difference and also that none of the goodness on the sporty side of the equation has been lost."

Pls see link...
http://www.insideline.com/bmw/3-seri...rst-drive.html
Appreciate 0