View Single Post
      11-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
STi2Three35i
Second Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe-J.Black/C.Red

Reckless Driving Citation (Roosevelt Blvd)

So tonight my cousin and I were driving back from getting his e90 M3 tinted. We were driving down Roosevelt Blvd. heading towards I-76 (Philadelphia PA).

The car isn't even broken in yet and he refuses to drive aggressively at all until the 1k service is done. So we are driving along at about 50mph (40mph zone) and traffic is relatively thin. We approach a cluster of 3-4 cars and my cousin moves into the center lane to take the only gap available; he goes to the right lane, around a car going slow in the center (it may have been a bit of a tight squeeze, there was a car in the right lane but we made it fine) and back into the center lane. He did use his turn signals for each lane change. Gives it a little throttle here, might have reached 60mph. 1/4 mi down the road we see the red/blue lights o' death.

Sidenote- the officer was immediately a dick, and even forced us to pull the car UP a curb and onto the grassy median.

He cites my cousin with reckless driving, court date in early January. Anyone have any suggestions/tips on what angle he could take here? The obvious issue is insurance rates which, assuming they don't drop him altogether, will surely skyrocket. Write-in plea? Try to get it reduced to speeding, disobeying traffic control device?

Ps- the officer wrote the court date as 1/12/2008 which is obviously a year off. I don't suppose this voids the citation?

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0