View Single Post
      07-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

OMG, this was so F'ing easy! Especially since I know how hard it could have been.

So, I have bled the clutch on this car after a rediculously long CDV install. That sucked and it was stupid. How was I to know that of the whole fluid reservior, only a tiny corner was for the clutch? Anyways, that day, me and my buddy did pump, pump, pump, open, close, repeat. No fun! I knew that the brakes would be similar so I gambled with spending money to make my life easier. It worked.

Basically, you dump two .5 liter bottles of RBF600 into the jug. (*that's two bottles. The bottles are 1/2 liter. Ultimately, 1L total*) Screw the cap onto the fluid reservior. Snug the top on the jug and pump that B up to about 10psi. Put one end of the clear pastic tube on the nipple, the other end of the tube into a very recently finished bottle of Bombay Sapphire (1.75L). The rear nipples open with a 9, the fronts with an 11. Basically, I opened a nipple, then layed down on the cool concrete garage floor while the old fluid got pushed out by the new stuff. When the fluid color looked like the new stuff, I close the nipple then hit the other 3 corners. And, for extra credit, I also bled the clutch.

I had my buddy over who used to be a Honda mechanic. He and I were laughing in hysterics over how rediculously easy this service was. It was 100% due to the power bleeder. Honestly, the hardest part was getting the wheels off.
________
condos for sale in Pattaya

Last edited by satakal; 08-16-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0