SARBlade
Berliner
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive; Coupe; Grau

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk View Post
All,

I have a 330d 08 and I am having great difficulty in using the voice commands to dial a name from my blue toothed iphone 4s.

I press the button on the steering wheels and naturally say "dial name" and the address book appears.

I have some friends names like Anita, Paul so I say "dial Anita" and it comes back with someone completely different. I am saying the names as naturally as possible but it is not working as expected. Also, when idrive repeats the name it is in a very robotic womens voice, different to the voice of the Sat Nav.

Any ideas?

Msuk
I too am not impressed with the voice recognition software of a $60K car. My iphone understands simple commands to call and yet my 2010 335i needs to be hand held from phonebook to a persons number before it will dial. I don't know how many times I have tried to call my wife (Regina pronounced rejeena) and it dials Jean or Reg or simply doesn't understand. My 2009 GMC On-star is the best, simply say call Regina and it does! WTF, muss Ich Deutsch mit ihm sprachen! Mensch! Bitte Regina an rufen!
Alles klar, kein problem mit das telefon!!