11-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #15
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Marcelo, is it hard to remove the C-clip using a needle nose plyer? I did not see it in your instruction but what did you use to remove the C-clip?
I got it out with my hands (well actually my friend did it). There are actually 2 c-clips. One connects the shifter to the selector rod. The other connects the selector rod to the gearbox. The one that's connects the rod to the leaver is easily accessed through without removing any parts. I remember him pulling just pulling it out backward (towards the rear of the car).

It's funny, some things on the e90 are really easy to get to, but somethings like the AC compressor are a pain to work on. My car had a bad AC right off the lot. It took them a month to find the problem, then another week to get it fixed. Good thing I wasn't working on it .

This Sunday I'm gonna install a new shifter and selector rod. (I'm kinda getting tired of this one.) Maybe I can get some more pix and details.

--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0