02-26-2008, 10:28 AM   #1012
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyljg View Post
For those that care, I had a problem with getting a 160gb classic, 80 classic, and a 80gb 5g ipod to work w/ my 6fl. They all worked for about a week then stopped.

Anyway, easy solution! I had too many damn playlist on my itunes. When I started using itunes years ago, I put all my albums in individual playlist of there own. I continued doing this until I recently trusted itunes to properly organize my music.

I have over 14,000 songs, so imagine how many albums that is and how many playlist that was.

So I deleted all those playlist and reorganzed all my music and tested out the ipod in the car. BAAAM!!! It works.

So I guess I proved that the 6fl has a playlist limit. Silly me!
I don't mean to take anything away from your effort, but I think your problem is still there.

Here is what I think happens. You had the same problem as me, i.e. iPod won't charge. So after you charge it the first time, it works for about 1 week, more or less depending on usage, temperature etc. After the battery is depleted it stops working.

So you take it to your computer, plug it in, and reorganize it drastically. While this happens, it gets charged from the computer's USB connection.

You take it back to the car and bam, it works. I would be very curious if it's still going to work in one week, or two at the most.

Would you please keep us posted?
Appreciate 0