View Single Post
      10-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Thats not bad!!! You would lose more than that in depreciation after 2 years!!!
I tried a PCP quote and the the 2 year value (GMFV) was given as £45K, that's losing £33k in two years from list price.

Even if you negotiated say 15% dealer discount, that would stil be a loss of over 20 grand in 2 years, dependant on used values, we all know big engined uber-barges have horrendously low used prices.

The total lease cost is £18K over 2 years (£750/month) inc the deposit and VAT and both years road tax. (10k miles p/a, 9p/mile excess)

That is overall £130/month LESS than I paid for my 335i on a 3yr PCP starting in 2009.

It's still lot of money, but it's a guaranteed and fixed figure, fits my budget and gets me one hell of a new car, hassle free.

I'm putting aside £200 a month already in a "car" account so I've got £4800 deposit ready for the next car in late 2015, so the £560 rental for the next 2 years is actually £760 if I include the deposit for the next car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik View Post
Do you not even get the option to buy it?

And I do like that front spoiler !!!
No I wouldn't want to buy it! E63 AMG out of warranty? No thanks!

I'll probably do 15K in 2 years, so that will be just one oil service and maybe some rear tyres That's enough for me.

Remember £78,000 cars are built of expensive parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
Do Mercedes AMG still offer an option for upgrading to rear locking differential ? Just be careful with protecting your driving licence when your E63 arrives :-)
Thanks fly, yes the Merc LSD is £2,500!! and adds zero to the residual. I've already priced up a quaife LSD from Birds (they are UK Merc quaife fitter too).

The quaife is only £900 and no pesky crown gear welding like with a 335i, so I can take it off and sell it for about £500 before the car goes back, so it will only cost £400 plus fitting and removal as opposed to 2.5grand from merc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
I had an E63 as a loan car when my C63 was being repaired - fantastic car, you'll love it.

The face lift on the E has, in my opinion, transformed an 'ok' looking car into a great one - the headlights and front bumper are a huge improvement.
Agree, I couldn't have lived with the previous E63, just to much "elder statesman" about that front end.

The facelift is aimed at attracting 'younger' buyers (i.e. 30-40) who perhaps only wear suits at weddings and might want to throw a bike on the roof (or two in the boot ). It works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
If you mention the word lease or PCP on some forums it gets a reaction similar to posting pictures of you being cruel to puppies
I have no quarms about it. Unless you pay 100% cash for your car you never own it anyway, the credit firms do.

The V5 still has your name on it.

PCP is still just modified HP where the risk of residual value is all on the buyer still. (the GMFV figures are always in favour of the lender)

Last edited by doughboy; 10-17-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0