View Single Post
      07-09-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Talking Do It Right - Upgrade Your Logic 7 (Pics inside)

First, let me start out by saying that I think the Logic 7 sound from 250 Hz and up sounds great for a stock sound system. It’s just that lower end that needs a little help. A little more power to the speakers under the seats, and a sealed sub with some good power to drive it is the answer.

So, first I tapped into the sub wires coming out of the stock amp, split the wires into 2 separate inputs (Sub & speakers under seats) and put them into an Audio Control LC6i line converter. This unit also has a sub gain control, which I mounted in the center console.

From there I went into one of the new digital amps from JL, an HD 600/4. I must say that these new HD amps from JL are very impressive! This amp that I picked will send 150W to the speakers under the seats, and 300W to the Sub. Speaking of the sub, I choose a JL 10W3v3, which I find to be very musical sounding in a small sealed enclosure.

Next was building the sealed enclosure (about .625 cu ft ) for the Sub … I choose a rear firing box and I decided to mount the equipment on the front of the box, so you can get at the stuff when you put the seats down.

Next was tuning the gains and x-over points between the subs and under seat speakers. I found bring the x-over point up a bit on the speakers under the seats made the transition between the Sub and seat speakers work best, and I could drive the seat speakers a little more with a higher x-over point.

Now the results ….. all I can say is ‘HOLY F’n CRAP!!’ This system sounds incredible!!! I wasn’t sure if I should add more power or replace the other drivers with Morel, or Dynaudio, or just keep them stock. Well boys and girls, no need for changing out all the drivers … just boost the low end of your system and you will be jumping for joy!!

Last edited by Rips335iCoupe; 07-10-2008 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0