View Single Post
      01-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #58
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Do a search in this subforum, we've all listed our wheels/tires combos before.

Either Arc-8s or K1s will do fine for 335/328s but I don't know if there's a difference in ride height between 335i ZSP and 335is, you may need to search the tires forum. BTW, it's a tight fit, they both barely clear the 335 calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but in my defense the OP said this should be about tires AND wheels, thus: What wheels are you guys running on the track?

I just went to my first track event at Streets of Willow with my 335is (freshly broken in at 1k miles), pretty much bone stock (with stock RE 050A runflats) but I loved it and want to get back out very soon, however this time with tires, race brake fluid flush, pads, etc. I'm pretty set on the 255/40ZR17 R-S3's but so far I’ve only picked out these two wheels from this thread:

Kosei K1 17x8.5 40mm (from OP dsbj) and Apex Arc-8 17x9 (from meepster)

A buddy recommended Enkei RPF1's but they only come in a handful of sizes for our lug pattern, and unfortunately not the size I'm looking for.

I’m looking for a decent set of wheels that won’t break the bank (I realize I’m tracking a BMW but I only plan to go out 4-5 times a year). Obviously want something light yet strong, 9-10 inch, and I don’t really care much about aesthetics, price is more important. The Apex’s seem within range (and oddly inexpensive), just curious what else is out there.

Also, dsbj, how did you fit those 255 Nitto’s on an 8.5 wheel? I see the wheel pulled them in about 0.5 inch, but still that wheel seems narrow to me.

While I’m at it, what pads do you guys run? I’ll obviously swap them out for track use only, all input is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys
Appreciate 0