View Single Post
      12-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #59
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
I agreed with JIMD. Check you connection. When I took my air box out (we all know I like to take things apart for no reason), I did not put it back correctly. If you look at the photo and where the arrow is, well, on the opposite side (the underneath side) of that tube, there is a hook that if you do not connect it correctly will leave a gap underneath (which you cannot see). there are 2 tabs on each side, but there is a hook type at the bottom. Run your hand underneath and make sure there is no gap and you connected the tube securely. To be extra cautious, I would take it out again and just study the hook to understand how it is connected. Relax and just take it apart again and pay special attention to how each piece and the little hooks and groves on each piece and put it back carefully.
Can someone take a pic on how it goes on the "hook"?
All I saw was a flat tab piece. I put the air sleeve on top of it looking straight down so that the flat piece is under it and not above it (if it's above it, the sleeve will go over the entire piece).
In any case, I can't see why that would be the issue. If there was a leak, it should only matter if it was post filter or in a vac line somewhere. If there was an air leak pre filter, it would just let more air in.

As for the MAF sensor, I made sure that it was clean and tight prior to it going in but I will take it all apart again to make sure
Appreciate 0