03-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
You get what you pay for. Believe me, the Japanese put a huge amount of money into highway maintenance and construction. I don't think you'd be willing to pay the same taxes, but at least you do get good roads.
They may pay more, but you can at least see where they are spending the money and not just paying off some stupid politicians. If it meant more taxes and proper spending, I'd rather pay more money to get the job done right once than some money and have the job done half assed, only for them to do the same job over and over again every 6 months. They had just paved the part of the BQE after the Kosciuszko bridge last summer after years of just patching it. Smooth maybe all of 2 months and after winter, its now back to where it was before they did construction (which took them 3 months to do), if not worse. Besides that, the cost of bridge tolls these days makes a round trip if you have to take the triborough is $13. You'd think they'd take the $13 tolls and at least make the roads on the bridges not feel like you're driving through the amazon. And if I'm not paying them to fix the roads, I'd be paying up the ass for new tires and rims every few months. I've had my car for just a year and a half and I've had to get the rim repaired 5 times, lost 2 tires and 2 of my winter tires have bubbles. Luckily I have tire insurance to cover most of it. I think you'd rather pay the same amount of taxes they do to get something done right than less taxes that are paying for your congressman's next flight to Las Vegas.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!

Last edited by jrlee53; 03-24-2011 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0