12-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
srohang1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP Electricity View Post
I do not know of a reliability difference. I think that the Mobridge is a little better in that it does A2DP streaming Bluetooth audio also.

Mobridge has a better rep in the States. Dension has a lot of bad blood over the old Icelink days, and their US distribution has been lousy.

The hardware is not the big deal. The firmware is where any bugs come from. You have to make SURE that there is a firmware load tested and verified for your exact model year and equipment level. The firmware always lags behind vehicle introduction.

You also need to be certain that your head unit (your sig says you have a 1-series) HAS MOST. We have seen some 1-series vehicles in the States with a "Professional"-labeled head unit, but without a MOST port in the Quadlock.

Your best bet is to find someone in the UK who has done these actual fitments. Trying to do this the way Tom at EAS did would be pretty tricky. We do these a lot for Mercedes (no BMWs yet, oddly) and there are more firmware updates needed in the install bay than I would prefer. That's true for the category of product, not for one brand or the other.

That said, the one Dension iPod device we put into a 2010 135i worked great once we got the updated FW into it. He had to buy a MOST-equipped Pre HU from Germany on eBay, though.

Could you expand about what MOST is, what it does, and how we can tell if our HU has it?
Appreciate 0