03-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #227
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxi View Post
The problem is at the fuse/relay box in the dash, NOT at the battery. It is the main B+ cable for power distribution. The problem is the connection/interface of the cable and the box. The kick panels(2), glove box, drink holders and some of the carpeting needs to be moved to have enough room to work. To get the cable end connector prior to the "recall" you had to purchase the entire cable, some chose to just splice the new end on. I opted for entire replacement and improved the strain relief at the fuse box end of the cable.

What I would like to know is the connection style(spade) the same or revised....

cheers
jz
To JZ

The connector is slightly revised. There is now a hex screw on the top of the connector to put tension / pressure on the actual spade all the time.

to all, no seats or carpet comes out .. trim is removed to access the JB ( junction box ) as stated earlier and about 1 foot of the cable is cut off, then a new updated cable end is crimped on and then the splice is heat shrunk. There is no work in the trunk except to disconnect the battery.

regards..